Re: Is "gatereloaded" a Bad Exit?

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011, Andrew Lewman wrote:

In my opinion, judging a relay based on exit policy is a slippery slope
we don't want to go down.  We never claim to make using Tor alone safer
than using the Internet at large.  Whether the creep is at Starbucks
sniffing the wifi or running a relay is irrelevant to me.  Encouraging
people to use encrypted communications, the https everywhere firefox
extension, and learn to be more secure online are some of our goals.
The Tor Browser Bundle, while still a work in progress, is the best way
to protect novice users and get them safer than they are without Tor.

Yes, this is the obvious, sensible response.

Since this come from somebody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, can I assume the adults have spoken and I can move on ? Or are we still trying to convince people that they might not know what every possible use of ToR is, and looks like ?