Re: Excluding exit nodes

On Sun, 2011-02-13 at 17:07 +0100, tagnaq wrote:
> https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#KeyManagement
> (Coordination section)
>
> General Design Document:
> https://www.torproject.org/docs/documentation.html.en#DesignDoc
> https://svn.torproject.org/svn/projects/design-paper/tor-design.html
> (chapter 6.3)
> Note: This document is from 2004. Statements like "new nodes must be
> approved by the directory server administrator before they are
included"
> are no longer valid.

https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git/blob/HEAD:/doc/spec/dir-spec.txt#l142

Wow! This will keep me busy for quite a while! Thanks!

> Well this is currently a 'hot topic' and I refer you to the lengthy
> thread 'Is "gatereloaded" a Bad Exit?'.
> Short answer: you can not reliably detect passive sniffing.

Yes, I'm following 'Is "gatereloaded" a Bad Exit?' but at times it's
*very* confusing. Well, I won't worry about exit nodes until I won't
have better understanding of Tor and networking in general.

--
Tomasz Moskal <ramshackle.industries@xxxxxxxxx>
Encrypted mail preferred. Key ID: 2C323C82