Re: [tor-talk] security properties of tor

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 7:35 PM,  <travis+ml-tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Security researcher here (as I assume are many of you).
> Papers and a book linked to from sig.
>
> Anyway, if I want to come up to speed on the security properties
> of tor, to the point of understanding how they're enforced and what
> isn't an enforced security property, what's the suggested reading?

I'd start with the design paper: It's still mostly right about threat
models.  Then try reading the overview and faqs on the website, and
the big list of caveats at
https://www.torproject.org/download/download.html.en#warning  .  Those
ought to suggest more places to follow up.

yrs,
--
Nick