[tor-talk] obfsproxy on CentOS 6 (help Iran)

I've finally gotten it to work on CentOS with some help from Jens Kubiezie.

sudo yum install gcc autoconf automake rpm-build openssl-devel

Compile libevent and Tor RPM using the instructions here
<https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor.git?a=blob_plain;hb=HEAD;f=doc/tor-rpm-creation.txt>
and install Tor.

git obfsproxy and and edit /etc/tor/torrc as described here
<https://www.torproject.org/projects/obfsproxy-instructions.html.en>

Edit /etc/init.d/tor to include the line

export HOME=/var/lib/tor

(or choose your own directory) near the top. Then

cd obfsproxy

export libevent_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
export libevent_LIBS="-L/usr/local/lib -levent"

LIBS=-lrt ./configure
make
sudo make install

sudo service tor restart

Update your firewall to allow access to the Tor ports.

--
A man in chains knows he should have acted sooner...
Julian Assange