Re: [tor-talk] Adblock Plus and Ghostery should be included in Tor bundle

Agreed about the dangers of add-ons and info here

https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/
"The Design and Implementation of the Tor Browser [DRAFT]"

not sure if maintaining ghostery or adblock via Tor is worth the trouble as they might/might not improve the user experience but they don't from my standpoint push forward the design and implementation goals.  I would say a first consideration might be to address mitm attacks.

We have seen major problems with certificate authorities and most governments can write certificates.  Tor has a vulnerability with mitm attacks. (everyone does)  A migration towards a system like convergence (convergence.io) with a decentralized trust of SSL would probably be a good thing.  Currently there are some conflicts between Tor and the convergence add-on working together but if this could be addressed or the process was internalized and if Tor was shipped with a large number of notaries (or approach this in the same way as bridges...not sure on this) then you would have a pretty complete solution.

my 2 cents

E75A7CF4