Re: [tor-talk] Adblock Plus and Ghostery should be included in Tor bundle

On 13.02.2012 19:58, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
> I honestly DON'T know if NoScript, appropriately configured, can do
> everything that AdBlock and / or Ghostery can

No, it can't. You are right in that it these extensions perform
different functions, and it makes sense to use them all. For example,
you might want to enable scripting for particular sites (Noscript), but
still remove ads (Adblock) and tracking cookies (Ghostery).

I would also recommend a Cookie Manager and some other addons, but: I do
not want them to be included in a Tor Browser, the same way I do not
want them included in the already bloated Firefox itself. If Firefox
would bundle useful addons I would very much welcome that, but as a
separate installer.

Isn't it obvious that if you want a safe browser, all components need to
be carefully audited, and this *each time* one of those components is
updated? How is Torproject supposed to take care of that? A lot of
workload...

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/