Re: [tor-talk] Blocking Tor - solutions?

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Andrew Lewman <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> They use the normal tor network for everything they can, and then
> switch to the private-relay.exit notation when needed. If the exit relay
> is discovered (whether through cracking, law enforcement collection,
> etc), then it could be much easier to map out who used it. It also may
> increase liability because the exit relay operator cannot use the easy
> explanation of "it was a public tor exit relay, therefore not my
> traffic".

I have a related question. Is there a public archive of former exits?
Or if a person used to run an exit, but now they don't, they can't
have the "therefore not my traffic" excuse anymore?

> This is in no way condoning this option, but I'm continually surprised
> at the creativity involved by others in using tor.

Not due to creativity, but rather a mistake, I ran an "anonymous" exit
briefly, when the advertised address was different than outbound
address.

Daniel