Re: [tor-talk] Scroogle is No More?

I've tried DuckduckGo, It isn't for heavy engine users. It seems like a
childrens search engine, and it has a lousy results format format.

I don't understand how Ixquick/Startpage can tap Google, yet Google goes
out of its way to crush Scroogle, which was by far the best out of what
I've found and checked on this thread.

I must be getting old, YaCy and Seeks can not replace Scroogle on its
worse day.  My browser clears everything (cookies, flash) when it shuts
down. Why would I want to tie into any of these?

Clusty/Yippy fell to the dark side, after being bought they adopted a
disturbing censorship policy.

For a heave engine user, Scroogle is hard to replace, none of these is
getting it done like Scroogle; Ixquick, maybe, with a bit of
Greasemonkey, but I don't like the fact that they have Google access via
two sites while Scroogle is being forced off the net for virtually doing
the same thing.
The most sensible answer in this thread - by far!

Ixquick isn't good either - when I tried it, I get this little gem: "You may be using a privacy-oriented browser extension that conflicts with Ixquick. Please disable this extension and try your search again. If this does not help, please contact us at (212) 447-1100 (USA) or autoquery @ ixquick.com." Yeah, right, as if I am going to do that!

Their interface seems exactly the same as the startpage.com one I tried a few minutes ago. Draw your own concussions!