Re: [tor-talk] help Tor release 0.2.3.x!

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012, Patrick MÃzard wrote:

> It would be nice to have a place describing how to contribute,
> clearly linked from the top of the "Volunteer" page:

> - How to checkout the code (may sound ridiculous but all repository
>  hosting services from google code to bitbucket and github print
>  the command required to clone a particular project on their
>  homepage or source page)
> - I have found a bug, what should I do? (aka "Trac bug search page
>  is daunting")
> - I have fixed a registered bug, what should I do?
> - I have implemented a cool feature, what should I do, patchbomb tor-dev?
> - Coding conventions, prerequisites (test should pass? anything else?)
>
> FWIW, I would have patchbombed tor-dev mailing list :-)

I'm quite a fan of self-hosting, however the distributed nature of Git
changes a bit the scenario and for the things above I've found GitHub
to be a very good framework, esp. when using Issues and Pull Requests

It is a "commercial" project, but offers gratis hosting to F/OSS and
the people running it are known to be kewl and no-nonsense.

ciao

--
jaromil,  dyne.org developer,  http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39