Re: [tor-talk] on the topic of tor's weaknesses

Joe, I don't think that the order that the packet are sent
and received from the exit relay really changes the ease of correlation,
since they will arrive to the other end of the network in the same order.
But maybe the middle relay could be the one who re-arranges the packets.
Delaying some and expediting others randomly. TCP handles out of order
packets badly by my understanding, it just requests them again in the
correct order. There would need to be a protocol wrapped around the TCP
stream being proxied that puts them back in order at the exit and entrance
relays transparent to the TCP stream. Sounds possible to me. But you know,
even if you didn't rearrange them and just randomly delayed each packet
(but kept them in order) at each hop it seems that would make
it impossible to correlate. Unless maybe if there were only one stream
passing through a node at a given time (which is pretty likely to happen on
new bridges). To solve that problem you could have each node always sending
and receiving by just sending "junk" packets (whole packets of padding)
around the network. Once they hit an exit node the exit would decrypt them,
see they were just padding and toss them out. That would create more
overhead but might be worth it.