Re: [tor-talk] VOIP over Tor: PTT remark

> In TORFone 0.2 I have provided the possibility of transferring some dummy
> packages after each voice packet to ?push? it and saturate channel. Most
> likely, the dummy packages are also needed in voice chat, but it will
> significantly increase the load on the server.

Not sure if Tor has any builtin circuit priming or keepalive capabilities,
such as might be applied to any made from request to a particularly
configured SocksPort.
You might be able to establish a VPN between onions or use onioncat,
then you can ping the circuit. And make use of UDP and other protocols
as desired.
Just as with clearnet, be sure to do a suitably strong handshake before
trusting any source address/party.