Re: [tor-talk] Hidden Service Protocol and ranking of .onion addresses

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)
<lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2/12/13 3:04 PM, Alexandre Dulaunoy wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Looking at the current ways of people getting .onion addresses
>> (using dubious forums or source), I was wondering if there is someone
>> working/researching on a way to rank .onion addresses to allow a user
>> to see the ranking/trust of an .onion address.
>
> Are there something similar for the world wide web?

There are many tools for collaborative filtering/ranking
of URLs.

Like http://www.mywot.com/ and others. Not sure if they
work for .onion URLs. It would need to test this.

> If so, it should probably apply also to Tor HS.

Sure but the idea was maybe to improve the hidden service protocol by
adding a trust/reputation level from the Tor users.

Cheers,

--
--                   Alexandre Dulaunoy (adulau) -- http://www.foo.be/
--                             http://www.foo.be/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Diary