Re: [tor-talk] Problem about verify signatures

The GPG signature verification only works through the command line.  The instructions on the torproject website specifically state that, so I don't think it's a but with anything.  I think it's just a limitation of the software.  If you downloaded over HTTPS and verified the signature, then you should be OK.

________________________________
 From: Nam Su <namfree123@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:20 AM
Subject: [tor-talk] Problem about verify signatures

How to verify signatures for packages

Hi.

When I tried to verify signatures with GPA, gpg frontend, it was failed. I download Tor packages in torproject.org https version.

Strangely, when I tried to verify with GPG command line, it was success.

Is it tor's asc file problem? Or is it GPA bug so should I report this problem to GPA project? My feeling is like headache.

I hope my Tor browser file is real.

I'll wait your wise answer. I'll Thank you for answering.