Re: [tor-talk] Unable to access Tor website

Hi,

No matter where you get the Tor download from, you should always verify
the signatures as explained on
https://www.torproject.org/docs/verifying-signatures.html.en . That way,
you can download via untrusted sources. HideMyAss isn't a bad solution
to download it.

Also, there is a list of website mirrors at
https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/mirrors.html.en . Prefer those
that offer HTTPS.

https://www.torproject.us/
https://www.torservers.net/mirrors/torproject.org/
https://tor.myrl.net/
https://torproject.pillo-srv.ch/
https://tor.li/
https://torproject.cryptowars.info/

On 27.02.2013 16:52, Nam Su wrote:
> Hi, Tor-list!
>
> Recently, I think South Korea government is starting sensoring Tor. A few days ago, I sent the mail to Tor-talk list about website problem. This thread is related to that.
>
> I used Tor for a year, and there was no problem using Tor. However, I couldn't use Tor official website. I tried to connect Tor website with "SK telecom" 3G network. And there is blog post that explaining Tor website error[1].
>
> In that post, a bloger said "프록시 접속을 통해서 잘 우회가 되는 것으로 보아 당국에서 어떤 조치를 취하고 있는게 아닌가 의심스럽습니다"(In English, I have a doubt that The government(of south Korea) is taking action about blocking Tor website because when i use proxy, I can access Tor website.). In my opinion, I agree this.
>
> Moreover, "실패한 툴(Failed tool):JonDo, Freegate, AdvTor, Ultrasurf, Hotspot shield." is there!
>
> In that post, to download Tor, he recommended using "hide my ass". My first question, is it dangerous because of unknown sever and non-ssl connection?
>
> I can connect Tor network without  bridges, Tor wiki, Tor blog, Tor-talk mailing list and Tor git page.
>
> I think using Gettor is good. Am I believe Gettor service?
>
> I never believe Tor websever has a problem so long. South Korea government shouldn't sensor Tor website.  Is there anyone to give me a good idea or advise, please?
>
> Anyway, THANKS TOR PROJECT
>
> [1] http://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=moon7up&logNo=70153003567 (Lang:ko)

Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/