[tor-talk] Using Tor Browser without Tor?

Is it ok to use the Tor Browser without Tor? I don't need Tor but I like
the privacy features that the browser offers.

Recently I noticed that if the Tor Browser is used without Tor and is set
to manual proxy, but there is no HTTP/HTTPS/SOCKS proxy, name lookups will
fail. I filed it as a bug here:

DNS lookup fails without proxy (TorBrowser without tor)

But it was closed as not a bug. If the Tor Browser is able to be used
without Tor would you consider that a bug?