Re: [tor-talk] ISP CenturyLink Blocking Tor?

Hello,

I've been using CenturyLink for ADSL in the US for five or six years
(coincidentally this is my last day with them, so I probably won't be able
to do much testing), and I have never had a problem using Tor; as soon as I
saw this thread, I fired up Tor Browser and accessed a few websites. I
didn't use pluggable transports and everything went smoothly.

I can confirm that restarting the router changes the IP address, and that
they have some level of remote management (I've noticed them installing
firmware updates to my router.)

I've never heard of this "protection program" but I doubt its the cause.
I've never known it to be zealous, let alone overzealous; I scanned about
twenty-five thousand, multiple times, to gather statistics. I never heard a
peep out of
them. I imagine that they'd watch for large volumes of obvious attack
traffic before they targeted Tor, from a malware perspective.

All that being said, perhaps this is a regional difference.

Hope that helps,
Max