Re: [tor-talk] Funded search engine for onionspace?

On 02/13/2015 03:19 PM, Virgil Griffith wrote:

<SNIP>

> - How do you crawl for more onions?
>
>   Right now I aggregate existing lists of onion sites and put them into the
> site map.
>   * https://ahmia.fi/onions/
>   * http://skunksworkedp2cg.onion.city/sites.txt
>   * http://xlmvhk3rpdux26dz.onion.city/
>   * http://kkkkkku5juzqh33a.onion.city/
>
>   As-is GOOG has only indexed only 34% of the domains in the sitemap.  This
> can be revisited when GOOG has indexed >90%.

Are OnionCity staff reviewing and redacting those lists to protect users
from themselves? Or is redaction based only on complaints?

> - It really needs HTTPS!
>
>   Agreed 110%.  It's already be there but unfortunately providing HTTPS for
> the CDN is currently out of my budget.  This is me inquiring about some of
> that MEMEX funding :P

For some privacy, users can instead search https://startpage.com/ with
"site:onion.city", and then view using the Ixquick Proxy. Could
OnionCity script that as the default?

<SNIP>