Re: [tor-talk] How can I use tor to access the ipv6-enabled website?

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@xxxxxxxxx> wrote
Fri, 27 Feb 2015 09:41:26 +0800:

| Now, I try to use tor-vidalia bundle to access the ipv6-enabled website,
| say, http://ipv6.google.com/.  And do the corresponding settings just as
| things descriped here:
|
| http://www.dsfc.net/infrastructure/securite/configurer-tor-privoxy-ipv6-linux/
|
| For detail:
|
| 1- In my torrc, I inserted the following line:
|
|  SocksPort [::1]:9050

Leaving privoxy aside, it seems like you are trying to make your tor
client listen to the IPv6 localhost address. This is not necessary in
order to access an IPv6 resource on the internet.

| 2- Then I stared the vidalia bundle, and ensure that the tor and privoxy
| are listening on correct ports:

I would recommend using the Tor Browser instead.

| 3- Thirdly, I use tor or privoxy as the proxy to access the
| http://ipv6.google.com/, but finally failed.  Can someone please give me
| some hints?

Leaving privoxy aside, you will have to add the 'IPv6Traffic' flag to
your SocksPort line in torrc in order for your tor client to ask exits
for IPv6 addresses. Note that you will have to talk SOCKS5 to your tor
client in order for this to work. Here is an example of how to do that:

  $ curl -v -A '' -x socks5://127.0.0.1:9050 https://ipv6.google.com/

You might want the 'PreferIPv6' flag too. See the fine manual.