Re: [tor-talk] Gmail locking Tor users out

On Fri, 26 Feb 2016 13:57:55 -0800
AMuse <tor-amuse@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You can also use IMAP with GMail over TOR.

I was just about to suggest that.

I think only the web interface kicks Tor users out. I always use gmail
through IMAP (for PGP mail cryptography), and i've never had a problem.

You don't need any Javascript either. No web, no need for NoScript and
Adblock Plus.

I'd imagine it's only a matter of time before Google begins somehow
embedding advertisements in their IMAP interface, like Yahoo does, but
they haven't done it yet, and might not for some time.