[tor-talk] Transparent proxy and Torbrowser

Hi folks, I'm working on a transparent proxy app for Gnome and I'm trying to get a Torbrowser instance running that launches without Vidalia. It's currently using the TOR_SKIP_LAUNCH=1 and TOR_TRANSPROXY=1 flags, which works except that it then modifies some key settings in prefs.js which then don't get switched back afterwards, which means Torbrowser is broken used without the transparent proxy.

It's related to this ticket: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/17615

I'm currently using a really hacky solution which is to backup the prefs.js file before loading the transparent-proxy-mode Torbrowser instance, then restore prefs.js when it exits. Does anyone have any better suggestions? I thought about making a separate profile, but not sure how to do it programatically.

It's here if anyone wants to have a look: https://github.com/dot-slash/torproxy

And if anyone wants to collaborate, that would be cool :)

-Slash