Re: [tor-talk] Best way to use Thunderbird with Tor

On 02/22/2017 02:28 PM, Jason Mills wrote:
On 2017-02-22 22:17, Mirimir wrote:
On 02/22/2017 02:40 PM, Jason Mills wrote:
Thank you! But, in this case, I specifically need to use Thunderbird on
Windows. Yes, i know it's not very secure but it's what I must do.

Well, you can run Whonix VMs in VirtualBox on Windows.

I understand that. But in the environment where this must be deployed, I cannot use a VM at all. It has to run natively on Windows. So I need to make Thunderbird, running on Windows natively, as secure and anonymous as possible using Tor.

Is Tor Birdy the answer?

J.

I used torbirdy a year or so ago. It's good but it can be a real hassle to remove. It makes quite a few changes to Thunderbird's 'about:config' during the install process and there's no uninstaller/reset last I knew. The install page warns you. Read it.

Rr