Re: [Interoperability] Tor and GNU Anubis

OK, here comes my next question:

My ISP's mail server alows connection from the IP
84.252.66.2 (that's smtp.daniel-s-haischt.biz).

So should I use that IP instead? If yes how should
I setup my mail server (again that's
smtp.daniel-s-haischt.biz) to accept torriefied
connections?

Currently I did setup my mail server to accept
valid SMTP AUTH connections ...

Beside that - Does it make sense to torrify smtp
communication?

Roman Mamedov schrieb:
Hi, Daniel!

remote-mta 217.9.16.16:25 # -> Mail server of my ISP
socks-proxy 127.0.0.1:9050 # -> Tor instance

socks-v4 no # ->> GNU Anubis should talk SOCKS 5

Your ISP's mail server probably denies all connections which are from
outside its own network (and rightly so). And guess where the
Torrified connection to the provider's SMTP server comes from? Right,
from one of the Tor exit nodes, which of course is not within your
provider's smtp server's allowed IP range.

With respect,
 Roman

!DSPAM:41ded055391106573295110!

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards
Daniel S. Haischt

Wan't a complete signature??? Type at a shell prompt:
$ > finger -l haischt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx