Re: Tor exit nodes by country

Thus spake Roger Dingledine (arma@xxxxxxx):

> If you want to ask about specific ports, you can do something like:
> http://serifos.eecs.harvard.edu:8000/cgi-bin/exit.pl?ports=25,9030
>
> (Your Tor client already parses all of this internally and picks
> appropriate exit nodes for your destination IP and port -- so at this
> point this is just a more visual representation of the network.)

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth (and this is pretty awesome),
but what might also be neat is a query option for hidden service
Introduction Points, so you could query the db for nodes that you can
use for your HiddenServiceNodes option, and have it sort by bandwidth
and uptime. This might help recent issues with poor performance of
hidden services (or it might not.. I don't know enough about the
network to know why hidden service performance is poor lately, I just
know that it is..)

Perhaps future versions of Tor could automatically try to connect to
such low-load, high uptime introduction points, and eliminate the
HiddenServiceNodes option entirely?

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist