Re: Crash Logs for tor CVS Current built 1-21-2005

> Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 03:18:37 -0500
>
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 11:30:05PM +0000, Gene ENonymous wrote:
> > I rebuilt tor again 1/21/2005 21:10 EST and have had two crashes so far.
> >
> > Are these crash logs at all useful and is this the place to send them?
>
> No, these don't give us any hints at all of what was going on or what
> caused the crash. These lines just say that the dns worker noticed the
> main process died, so it exited too.
>
> A core dump, or the last couple hundred lines of debug-level logs,
> would be more useful.
>
> Alas, we have a couple of known bugs in cvs that we haven't fixed yet. I
> might suggest waiting a few weeks until we have time to track all these
> things down. 0.0.9.3 will hopefully work well enough until then. (Nick
> and I are spending the next little while working on a paper to summarize
> the current and future issues Tor needs to deal with.)

OK, I built and am running 0.0.9.3 now. I'd be glad to capture debug logs
if and when it becomes useful (current or any other branch). If I get
a crash in 0.0.9.3, I'll turn on debug log and hope it crashes again
and submit. Otherwise, I'll just run it as a stable server node.

Thanks,
gene