Re: You think you can hide your ip?

Anthony DiPierro wrote:
Another option would be some sort of restrictive firewall.  There is
software for Unix and Windows that can restrict the ability to make
connections on a program by program basis.  Limit connections only to
Tor and you know you won't make any leaks (this could be turned on and
off when switching Tor on and off).

I've got my home network set up so that my "Tor-browsing box" simply isn't allowed to go out to the internet. I've got a second computer that runs Tor, and *it's* allowed to connect out. The browsing box has to connect through it to get to the Internet in any way, which leaves me neatly immune to the whole thing.

-Ben