From: "Wilson" <cwilson352@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 2:11 AM
Subject: Re: You think you can hide your ip?

Thanks for the info M, but I am running windows ..... what you described
looked like it was for linux or something........Very interesting though
:)

M wrote:

How the heck can you route all trafiic through Tor? I am wondering
because
I would like to do that myself.......

You can do this by using a router box, iptables and some other software.

Found this from my sent emails (This isn't meant to be step-by-step howto, just some pointers):

I assume that you're familiar compiling stuff from source and so on...

First you must download and compile Dante, transocks needs some libraries
from it:
ftp://ftp.inet.no/pub/socks/dante-1.1.18.tar.gz
(the usual "tar xfvz dante-1.1.18.tar.gz && cd dante-1.1.18", read README
and INSTALL, "./configure && make && make install")

I compiled transsocks against dante-1.1.14, try that if 1.1.18 doesn't
work
(transocks.c failed to compile against dante-1.1.15).

Download and compile transocks. I attached a simple patch by me to
transocks.c, it adds verbose option and some help, you can apply it by
"patch -p1 < transocks.patch" and when it asks a file to patch just type
path to transocks.c.
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/transocks/transocks/

Compile transocks by typing "make" and copy freshly compiled transocks to
/usr/local/sbin/.

Install iptables if you already dont have it.

Copy attached transocksify.sh to /usr/local/sbin/ and edit it to suit
your
needs.

Edit /etc/socks.conf to look like following:

route {
      from: 0.0.0.0/0   to: 0.0.0.0/0   via: 192.168.10.1 port = 9050
      proxyprotocol: socks_v4
      method: none
      protocol: tcp
}

Edit /etc/tor/torrc, change

SocksBindAddress 127.0.0.1
SocksBindAddress routers_local_ip

where routers_local_ip is your routers nics local address (LAN), example
192.168.1.1.

Run /usr/local/sbin/transocks && /usr/local/sbin/transocksify.sh and test
if
it works... I assume that you have working Tor installation.

If everything goes right I recommend that you install Privoxy and Squid
for
http connections. I have following setup: for traffic going out to port
80
client -> squid -> privoxy -> tor, other ports are directed straight to
Tor,
everything else is dropped. Privoxy filters out some bad javascript and
stuff that could break your privacy.