[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Socks/TOR setup question
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Socks/TOR setup question
- From: force44@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 01:36:35 -0500
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 01:36:39 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=N1-0105; d=Safe-mail.net; b=jQSsq2W4qOE19IZiaQlLG6Eqyh208Ng5NOczCQ/PbZBWp33K1Hj82y2K+KD+MZHc 9MUS1R037Zskrar0dZlCRwbCcWrAkadjrhR5Oln2ckkYJKYOr/XT0Gda9QrIUdyL uidSaHdE+Umic1L2V/1k1XZnABYKh0F0LaiG+L/Cr2o=;
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I use Tor, TorCP and Privoxy:
Privoxy listens on 8118
TOR requests are sent for http and https to 127.0.0.0 on 8118,
and to 127.0.0.1 on 9050 for the socks requests.
That works fine, but I am always receiving such message in the Log file:
"[Warn] Your application (using socks4 on port 49370) is giving Tor only an IP address. Applications that do DNS resolves themselves may leak information. Consider using Socks4A (e.g. via privoxy or socat) instead."
This message is created when any application uses the TOR server, no matter if I parameter it as a socks4 or socks5.
As I am already using Privoxy, what must I change in my config so that this message isn't generated? Moreover, must I setup my applications to use TOR as a socks4 or a socks5 server>