Re: Tor and Thunderbird: Outgoing Email Unsafe?

But if i am correct you say there is a way to still be able to send email through tor?

Yes. If they use another port to do it. Most ISPs don't do this for spam reasons.

Can my ISP provide me with an alternate SMTP port? and.. this is going to sound dumb... what is a relay-server and how do I find one?

Probably not. Most of the "standard" alternates are also blocked (eg: 587), and having your ISP setup something special for you (meaning you call, say who you are and what you want) totally hoses your anonymity anyway.

Anonymous SMTP proxies do exist, but those are also a spammers paradise .. and most any correctly-configured email system won't accept email from them.

~Mike.