Re: Opening 2 Firefox profiles

On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 13:27, Michael Holstein wrote:
> I'm on Linux 2.6.17 (Ubuntu), and the -ProfileManager switch works fine
> for me, regardless of what windows are open.

Interesting. As a variety of sources have said "Linux is not an
operating system," it's kernel, and there are many incompatibilities
between various distributions.

> Did you check the box "always ask which profile when starting firefox"
> the first time you created the 2nd profile?

The "Don't ask at startup" box in the profile manager dialog is NOT
checked, so it comes up each time I open a window, provided no other
window is already open. When I made the second profile I experimented
and checked the box. With it checked Firefox would always start with the
selected profile and not show the profile manager dialog. The
-ProfileManager switch, would force the profile manager dialog to
display, provided no other Firefox windows were already open. I'm not
aware any other related boxes, not on the dialog itself, but if there is
one that could be the problem.

George Shaffer

--
Get my GnuPG public key from http://geodsoft.com/about/ or
use gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-key A1A23194