Re: more letters from the feds

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 12:18:10PM +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> Have gotten a facsimile with similiar content as
> http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/Jan-2007/msg00051.html
> today (router redgene, end of contract 2006.12.12, possibly
> seized at the hoster several days before contract
> termination since unavailable, hoster didn't reply to
> the trouble tickets I posted and would not discuss
> the issue on the phone).
>
> Is this isn't an active discouragement campaign, it certainly
> feels that way.

To followup on myself, just got hold of the criminal investigator on the phone.
She has heard about Tor, and accepted the verbal explanation I've
given her. She asked me to submit this in writing (also via fax).

(The reason I suspect the server might have been seized is due to
a my prior testimony at the local police station, which involved
a case of petty (less than 200 EUR damage) online fraud. There
was no content on the server, whether hidden or otherwise. Prior
to that it contained a mirror of a Linux distribution's .iso images.

German Tor operators: has any of this resulted in a criminal persecution
of individual operators so far? If yes, please contact me, if necessary,
offlist.

TIA,