Tor 0.1.2.6-alpha is out

This is the sixth development snapshot for the 0.1.2.x series. It fixes
two server crash bugs in 0.1.2.5-alpha.

(Not all packages are up on the website yet, but they should be there
in the next day or two.)

http://tor.eff.org/download.html

Changes in version 0.1.2.6-alpha - 2007-01-09
  o Major bugfixes:
    - Fix an assert error introduced in 0.1.2.5-alpha: if a single TLS
      connection handles more than 4 gigs in either direction, we crash.
    - Fix an assert error introduced in 0.1.2.5-alpha: if we're an
      advertised exit node, somebody might try to exit from us when
      we're bootstrapping and before we've built your descriptor yet.
      Refuse the connection rather than crashing.

  o Minor bugfixes:
    - Warn if we (as a server) find that we've resolved an address that we
      weren't planning to resolve.
    - Warn that using select() on any libevent version before 1.1 will be
      unnecessarily slow (even for select()).
    - Flush ERR-level controller status events just like we currently
      flush ERR-level log events, so that a Tor shutdown doesn't prevent
      the controller from learning about current events.

  o Minor features (more controller status events):
    - Implement EXTERNAL_ADDRESS server status event so controllers can
      learn when our address changes.
    - Implement BAD_SERVER_DESCRIPTOR server status event so controllers
      can learn when directories reject our descriptor.
    - Implement SOCKS_UNKNOWN_PROTOCOL client status event so controllers
      can learn when a client application is speaking a non-socks protocol
      to our SocksPort.
    - Implement DANGEROUS_SOCKS client status event so controllers
      can learn when a client application is leaking DNS addresses.
    - Implement BUG general status event so controllers can learn when
      Tor is unhappy about its internal invariants.
    - Implement CLOCK_SKEW general status event so controllers can learn
      when Tor thinks the system clock is set incorrectly.
    - Implement GOOD_SERVER_DESCRIPTOR and ACCEPTED_SERVER_DESCRIPTOR
      server status events so controllers can learn when their descriptors
      are accepted by a directory.
    - Implement CHECKING_REACHABILITY and REACHABILITY_{SUCCEEDED|FAILED}
      server status events so controllers can learn about Tor's progress in
      deciding whether it's reachable from the outside.
    - Implement BAD_LIBEVENT general status event so controllers can learn
      when we have a version/method combination in libevent that needs to
      be changed.
    - Implement NAMESERVER_STATUS, NAMESERVER_ALL_DOWN, DNS_HIJACKED,
      and DNS_USELESS server status events so controllers can learn
      about changes to DNS server status.

  o Minor features (directory):
    - Authorities no longer recommend exits as guards if this would shift
      too much load to the exit nodes.