Question for DEVs -- Write/Read Limiting

Hi guys,

From the release notes for version "0.1.2.5-alpha":

....It enables write limiting by default...

And

....Enable write limiting as well as read limiting...

What I'm trying to figure out is what, specifically, is now enabled
by default that was not before? I mean, the Tor FAQ talks about two
things relating to traffic limiting: The
BandwithRate/BandwidthBurst options, and the
AccountingStart/AccountingMax options. Is it some setting related
to these that is now set by default? Or is it something entirely
different? If it is different, can we get a short explanation of
the changes? Also, if it is different, is there a config file
setting that would make a server behave the way it did before these
changes were implemented?

My apologies if this is explained somewhere already and I've missed
it.

Thanks so much.

Keep up the great work!

Regards,