Re: more letters from the feds

On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 11:12:01AM -0500, patgus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Problem still exists though, that Tor needs more exit nodes. If nobody is

You can buy a fast exit server, and choose it as your default exit.
You can also build a private Tor network, and limit it to paying
customers. (I'm welcome to suggestions as to which jurisdicions
are most suitable in that respect).

> willing to run an exit server the performance of the network suffers
> dramatically. I personally find the performance of the network to be
> almost unusable, so I choose other pay-for anonymity services. This is

Which ones do you use? How much do they charge?

> not a bash of Tor or its design, but as we all know there are simply not
> enough servers running to handle the amount of clients.

So how many exit nodes are you running?

>  Perhaps someone could draft a generic response letter to be sent to law
> enforcement if a server operator is contact and post it online or even
> include it in the package.

It doesn't matter what you write, if your local jurisdiction
outlaws e.g. pedophilia or persecutes online fraud and is serious
about it you will receive more attention from LEOs and lawyers
than you're comfortable with.

Which is main reason why I'm no longer running an exit node.