[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: shinjiru closed exit node acceptnolimits
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: shinjiru closed exit node acceptnolimits
- From: "Ringo Kamens" <2600denver@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 05:03:21 -0500
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 05:03:31 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=E73YSioC9IfMSaDYD6OarBnAMWqAAMqeysRuKPOJ3vQ=; b=apmGYZEv0YhqwmNonORiVMCatA5VUIWdkqme5oeBQgCLES3q8elMlbiMF3CgNWe0/314qsQzS4hideYE4Vr+BOuJ2gNqVrYnDrYRA8zpDaXc9d/7+6DVmaZJ1vvSV5CcE7i6dxqYtJrH8BtjwnArGqmy/iTsNf8Xq/WHgiMejJk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=SvsarEntqgfhkNvw4Xxld118u/FC7/e4gnolBRjAM0l2esVRn2E8lFaYAkDHNwAr0fDopmYO/y4HQZwmqZWNQDth/I7hF4hC5q6FBSM87w6YQXUVgMDl3eTnaPpykY8zm90/xgF4hOdoS1w0qgNITPz3CzjG8gUIR5MqgCN9edE=
- In-reply-to: <20080103130103.itmqefqygw08wgo0@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <20080103130103.itmqefqygw08wgo0@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
A good response might be to write a letter to the hosting company, have you tried that? Also, a letter-writing solidarity campaign might make them think twice before hurting tor operators again. It's all an issue of pressure. If we can apply more pressure than whoever is on the other side, we come out on top,
Comrade Ringo Kamens
On Jan 3, 2008 5:01 AM, accept no limits <acceptnolimits@xxxxxxxxx
on the 1st of January 2008 the web server provider shinjiru (Malaysia)
kicked my exit node acceptnolimits (traffic about 10 GB per day)
because of "abuse".
Before the contract (serveral months ago) I asked if they have a
problem with tor running on their servers (exit node) and they
answered "you are most welcome."
Up to now they have not answered my questions (about what happended).
Now I am looking for a new server provider. I asked
they told me, tor is only allowed as long as nobody complains. Hence
you can count the days until you get kicked there.
Does anybody here know a "kick-save" provider outside the US and
outside the EU, where it's possible to run tor exit node servers? What
is the price per month?
accept no limits