Re: What to do at IP number change?

Hi,

> (snip)
> | yes, they can't! At least for an exit gateway they receive
> | potentially tons of abuse complaints.

with a transparent proxy +ISP proxy they can get abuse complaints
about their proxy or maybe (with really good http header evaluation)
about my proxy. So the complaints are all about proxys but not about
a customer.

> Very true. This is one reason why I suggest only organizations (as
> opposed to residential users) - who have the money, manpower, and other
> resources to deal with legal issues - allow exits from any node they run.

I think that's a bad idea because many people think that you can identify a person
by using the IP number and i don't want to support that myth. If everyone would
use tor, the only sure thing about IP numbers and identification would be that if you
find an IP number in an log file, you can be sure that this person (the one who pays
for that internet access) was NOT there!
Another point is that without a tor server my home would be vulnerable to traffic
analysis and a further point is that a tor server is more safe than only a client.

> As far as a middleman node, I would think that the more bandwidth it
> relays, the more likely it is to be noticed; it probably wouldn't draw
> too much attention on a large ISP other than its bandwidth use.

That's no problem: Common private internet access is highly assymetric.
In germany it is e. g. 16.000 kbit/s down and 1.000 kbit/s up but tor is symmetric.
So from the theoretic maximum of 17.000 tor can use only 2.000 - roughly
one tenth. That's not much.

Greets