Re: Hostname

dr._no@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

it's possible to use e. g. an open WLAN from a neighbor for your
TOR server and in most countries that's be legal, e. g. in=20
Germany.
But for working behind NAT the program has to be optimized, like skype,
and as far as i know, TOR is not made for working behind NAT.

Why would you think that?

The ORPort of the TOR server must be reachable from the outside but behind
NAT you need port forwarding for this.
Therefore you can use a TOR client behind NAT but not a TOR server.
Or did i missed something?
I'm running TOR server behind NAT on Windows XP. In addition to port forwarding, I needed to open ports (22, 9001) on my router's Virtual Server for TOR server to run and be reachable from outside

Have you bothered to read the documentation?

No; i've read it some time ago and that's why i wrote "as far as i know".

Greets