Re: Child pornography blocking again

Kraktus wrote:
> On 26/01/2008, Eugen Leitl <eugen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 12:46:46PM -0500, Kraktus wrote:
>>> Really, if I'd known my message was going to evoke this sort of response,
>> Really, if you want any other sort of response, DON'T SUGGEST IMPLEMENTING
>> CENSORSHIP HOOKS IN TOR in future. Thanks so much.
>
> Tor already has censorship hooks.  Tor nodes are already in
> control of their own exit policies.  Certain ports are already
> blocked by default.
>
> This would simply provide Tor nodes with another tool to
> control what leaves their nodes.  And if Tor nodes didn't want
> to use it, they wouldn't have to.
>
>>> I'd have entitled it 'Directory-distributed variables for exit lists'.
>> It doesn't matter how you call it, it still stinks.
>>
>> Of course suggesting paedophilia in a anonymity forum is the
>> equivalent of Godwin's law. Basically, you lost in the moment
>> you mentioned it.
>>
>> --
>> Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://leitl.org";>leitl</a> http://leitl.org
>
> Wasn't there a child porn hidden service at one point in the past?
> So it's not like this was never a real issue.  Not that this would
> have any impact on the ability to run child porn hidden services,
> but still.
>
> Really, I'm not saying that you, as a Tor user / node operator /
> whatever you are, are a paedophile, or personally responsible
> for people engaging in paedophilia.  If so, then I, as someone
> who believes the benefits still outweigh the disadvantages, and
> subsequently run an exit node, am just as guilty.  But, if I could
> prevent my exit node from being used to access CP, without
> preventing it from also being used to access a plethora of good
> things, surely I would.

Some f:ing paedophile is responsible for  loosing all my computers and
scaring my better half. Thanks a lot.

If theres going to be some directory controlled exit-policies then count
me in (if I'm going to ever run an exit-node anymore).

As for many things one can use Tor for good or for bad but as long as
running an exit node means getting busted by some rude cops I'm not
going to run one anymore (maybe?).

Btw, I changed my other node to middle-man only =(.