Re: Asynchronous bandwidth limiting

Hi everyone,

just a quick follow-up on what I've done:

John Brooks wrote:
> bandwidth globally, not per-port. In that case, it may be a good idea for
> Sebastian to disable the dirport to keep outgoing traffic roughly equivalent
> to incoming, since outgoing is his limitation.

I have disabled the directory on my server to
a) ensure maximum bandwidth and traffic are available to OR
b) ensure symmetry between incoming and outgoing bandwidth/traffic usage

I have currently established both limiting and accounting to see which
performs better. Depending on the distribution of load on my node I will
probably adjust these values.

It has been pointed out to me in a private eMail that I have mixed up
'asynchronous' and 'asymmetric' in the my eMail's subject line. For the
record, it should have been 'Asymmetric bandwidth limiting'.

Thanks for the help and hints.

Sincerely,

S. Lechte