Re: tor-browser bundle on XP

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 07:54:31PM +0000, mikel.anderson@xxxxxxxx wrote 0.8K bytes
in 23 lines about:
:: >Anyone knows if there is a difference between the bundle and Xerobank,
:: apart from being portable?
::
:: Thanks for the head-up about Xerobank.  It appears Xerobank is an
:: improvement on TBB.  Here is a link to a review/comparison of the two
:: products:

:There are many differences.  For one, Xerobank xB doesn't use Tor.  See
:http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/Dec-2008/msg00053.html for some recent
:discussion.

Andrew, this is incorrect.  Xerobank xB, preconfigured(in free mode) to use the tor network, is available for download at:  http://xerobank.com/download/xb-browser/

I'll defer to you on the rest because you were talking about Xerobank's commercial xB, preconfigured to use their fee-based onyx network.  I can tell you take a great deal of pride in TBB and I certainly meant no disrespect.

My biggest concern with fee-based products/services, in general, is trusting any corporation with customer data no matter how reassuring their privacy policy seems.  My biggest concern with TBB is the old version of the modified firefox browser may expose users to security risks.  That is why free-mode xB may just offer the best of both worlds.

Mikel

Click for the hottest computer games.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/PnY6rw1MkyYc53MiatyXbK2DXkJXpsS5VZ2oxsvlvxFQgUJs5k7Cx/