Re: TBB on XP again

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 07:29:25AM +0000, mikel.anderson@xxxxxxxx wrote 3.5K bytes
in 70 lines about:
:: > ... it doesn't work on my limited-user accounts.  Specifically, the Vidalia control panel status reads, "connecting to a relay directory failed(no route to host)".

: How limited is this account?  I setup a non-admin user, started up TBB, it connects and works just fine.  Did you use the MS admin tools to further restrict the account?

As far as I know all my limited accounts are standard non-admin.  I did not use MS admin tools to further restrict them.  However, I set up NIS2005 user accounts at the same time and tied each one to its corresponding MS account.  My understanding is the NIS accounts are primarily for parental control but I suppose they could be interfering with NBB.  The two accounts that fail to launch NBB are both set at Adult level (only Supervisor level has less restriction).

: The problem is here:
: "Jan 15 22:12:10.843 [Warning] Problem bootstrapping. Stuck at 5%:
Connecting to directory server. (Socket is not connected [WSAENOTCONN ];NOROUTE; count 1;+recommendation warn)"

: You can't open a socket to even talk to anything, which implies something locally is not allowing the account to use tcp/ip.

Since it works on my supervisor account it seems unlikely tcp/ip is being blocked.  But I could be wrong.  I need to take a closer look at how NIS handles things.

Mikel

Click to get free info on remodeling your kitchen.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/PnY6rw1t8tHKmimkRU6u0WSmgJC3sBQ8xOz3EtY2O8caLfqgjYNlv/