Re: Still problems with TLS negotiation

>      However, if one installs openssl from the ports tree, it will be
>  version 0.9.8l instead.
>      It is not necessary to link with static libraries.  Here is an excerpt

It example of isolating everything as proof current tor and ssl is ok
and as alternative build concepts.
Static can be useful for those who want simple... say drop just one
binfile in a chroot, jail, etc.

> I'd like [app x] to use zlib compression when connecting to [svc y].
> openssl in base doesn't support zlib. I installed openssl port from package
> (in the port zlib in on by default)

Tried compiling ssl with oppurtunistic zlib a while back, no go.
Must go see how fbsd does it, this is cool news to me! Thx.