Re: A question

On Mon, Jan 04, 2010 at 09:23:42PM +0800, Gaofeng He wrote:
> Hi, everyone!
>
> There is a question! When I configure my Tor to use bridges to connect to network, how my Tor get other Tor routers' descriptors and information? Is it like:
> MyTor -> bridges -> DirectoryServer and the DirServer returns the descriptors
> or:
> MyTor -> bridge and the bridge returns its own descriptors ?

The second one. The bridge caches all the directory info, and provides
it when you ask.

Your Tor can check to make sure the bridge is not giving
you the wrong info, because the networkstatus consensus
you get is signed by the directory authorities. See also
https://www.torproject.org/faq.html.en#KeyManagement

--Roger