TLS renegotiating error.Link openssl libraries problem.

My first time using FreeBSD is with this 8.0-RELEASE,so I am quite new with it.I
only have on my system pre-compiled binaries I installed with pkg_add.I have
never used the ports system,I have had the idea that it is something comparable
to sources/binaries on Linux distros using the sources gives exactly the same
binaries(installs exactly on the same directories).Here,I used a method I have
used on Linux distros for some software (binaries linked with specific libraries
on specific directories,not to system libraries),I got the pristine sources from
www.openssl.org compiled and installed them,now I need to link them to the tor
binary.
If a straightforward method does exist I appreciate you post a link to it.

                                                  Thanks.