Re: OSX bundle

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 04:00:07PM -0500, downgeoff2@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote 2.3K bytes in 64 lines about:
: Forgive me if I misunderstand, but isn't that inconsistent with running
:Tor as a separate, unprivileged user? It also complicates starting up
:Tor at boot. Are those things only intended for expert users now? It's
:some time since I started Tor with Vidalia so perhaps I am misremembering
:how it used to work.

90% of OS X users simply install the bundle and run tor via vidalia.
The vidalia-bundle packages for os x are now drag and drop, self
contained, and vidalia fully controls tor.  Vidalia, tor, and polipo all
run as the user that started vidalia.

The expert package is just tor, and sets itself up for start on boot the
old osx way; using the /Library/StartupItems system rather than launchd.
Someday I'll get around to converting it to launchd, but not high on the
priority list.  Happy to accept patches.

--
Andrew Lewman
The Tor Project

Website: https://torproject.org/