Re: default setting in pidgin

Hi!

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 03:30:10PM +0000, M wrote:
>I was wondering why the default settings in Pidgin in the TOR-IM-Browser is
>set to* log chats and private messages*. I think this is quite contrary to
>the main purpose of TOR, which is anonymity, as it may very well be
>compromised if the if the USB, etc, falls into the other people's hands.
>Also, i dont think most people go into into the settings to change them, as
>they feel the setting are already optimized by the crew.

People who are really paranoid should check their things anyway.

Either log to a crypto partition or disable logging. Or if the aim of
anonymity is something different (like not being tracked by *outside*
people), the "risk" of local logging might not be in the scope of the
threat model anyway.

Kind regards,

Hannah.