Re: Tor in German media (27c3)

Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 05:55:09PM +0100, Moritz Bartl wrote:
>
>> Most people run "as many exit nodes as they want" without even having a
>> lawyer in the first place. It is not an illegal service at all.
>>
>> For the future, it might be a good idea to form a lose network of
>> lawyers/funds that openly promise legal help to ANY Tor node operator.
>> In Germany, both Chaos Computer Club and German Privacy Foundation
>> promise to fight for the right of Tor node operators in case something
>> big hits them. In the US, EFF made a similar promise.
>
> That is good to know. Unfortunately, finding an exit-sympathetic
> hoster will be more of a problem. Hetzner e.g. seems to tolerate
> middlemen but not exits, as they're abuse-driven.

I operate 2 nodes of the Tor both in Germany.
Fistly, I set up one of them, the OrionTorNode as an exit, but I had
some problems with my vds provider and turn it in the middlemen regim.
After that I rented a new vds from a vds provider listing in the Tor
blog as frendly to the Tor and set up on it an exit node OrionTorNode1
that works fine to that days.
My provider received an abuse in late of December concerning using my
tor-exit for torrenting but after I informed them that I reconfigured my
/etc/tor/torrc they was fully satisfied and did not requre me stop my
exit-node such their colleaques - staff of the vds provider of my first
node.
But it will be very good to set up an exit node without any restrictions
of exit policy.
If anyone could recommend me an offshore vds provider
which is rigid to any abuses and which prices are not very expensive
I would be thankful.