Re: Tor and google groups

> I am under the impression that in most countries you have to show ID
> which is copied to obtain a SIM?  This was my experience in Spain for
> example.

Yes in Western Europe it is so. But there are many countries were SIM cards are just sold in the streets without any requirements. Former USSR, many countries in Asia, some in Africa, etc.

>> Maybe you should start up a gmail activation service! Or at least for
>> us here in the group!

I do it already for some friends but the point is that with the phone number I would be able to enter the account and change the password, read emails etc. Not that good for privacy, people who do not know me should not accept :)