[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Now having trouble getting gmail
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Now having trouble getting gmail
- From: grarpamp <grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 15:19:08 -0500
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 15:19:16 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=0WxfSjgGSUsBW6RTllX6CbKndrzUCKXJuBCnd03WFes=; b=tAB/dAaG7u+LuSuHvIl/vrTAe0INmmKlx2pAVwRZry4Lm0Y4UzNapUsdk/tDpFb/NN zR13Blnk8VygdhBsoq8aVncapSTP8SRkwS6A/kODxZmXEETCu0MMqHr9MmLrDGtST/wB du0OH9kWEC1izM1Cx7Ih+3yA8vUM2gGdi87C0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=lzWNAi2GTSmMum1SP74Z1CSGdF4AoAoOGccYr4Ks6Zo6YUlrh+u6bi3WMZ50KHRfwo 8OHeHecB+B6xgJebntwZ/hBy0FuncG98ak0ydmMITqYTmmzWKrigKl/kNl86AJ6vrFNM 0U+Y6GUjrz0AjEwMVarvO7Fay9qyc0iZtCvOM=
- In-reply-to: <201101101414.38856.praedor@xxxxxxxxx>
- References: <201101101414.38856.praedor@xxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I previously generated a fully anonymous gmail account early last year.
> Created it via the tor network without using any personally identifiable
> information, emails, or phone numbers.
This is in the past, well over a month old and thus irrelevant in
internet time. The recent threads about Gmail are interested in
the today, not the past. Please quit mentioning the past :)
> While I am not required to provide an email
This 'secondary email' is optional and located on this first signup page:
> phone number, when I complete the form (entering name and
> desired login, password, etc, and click "submit"
The SMS verification stage (phone number requirement) location
occurs only after you hit submit above.
> I get a google page with "The page you requested is invalid" and
> cannot complete the creation of the account.
Yes, I have seen this three times. Each time I just cleared state,
MAPADDRESS'd another exit, randomized info and tried again.
Only to receive account creation failure of course.
I've also been seeing a lot of SSL failures with sites recently.
Sorry, since it's SSL, I've just been hitting retry instead of
tracking it down. That's my bad for you all.
> tor button
Can't say that I use it. Very unlikely.
> I'd hate to have to create a new account by going to some public
> wifi location and doing this without tor first. That degrades my
> anonymity for the email.
I'd go that route. I don't see any conflict between the two, when
 According to this months urban legend, two people have found
this to not be a requirement. However, for all practical purposes,
percent sucess wise, it probably should be considered to be one.
To unsubscribe, send an e-mail to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with
unsubscribe or-talk in the body. http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/