Re: geeez...

Hi!

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 6:26 AM, Mike Perry <mikeperry@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> and to suggest
> solutions for their security problems that involve improving their
> computer security for the Internet at large (open wifi, open proxies,
> botnets),

I am not sure what you mean by that? That there should not be open
WiFi because it improves security? Or that because there are open
WiFis, open proxies, botnets you have to secure your systems anyway?
But how do you secure them against abusive behavior (blackmailing,
posting abusive content...)?

There is probably a reasonable argument that identification would help
with security here. No?

> The difference between these two approaches to abuse is the difference
> between decentralized fault-tolerant Internet freedom, and fragile,
> corruptible totalitarian control.

You are talking here just about technical fault-tolerance. What about
fault-tolerance when somebody is directly abused because of this
freedom? How can we solve problems for this person and here (probably
reasonable) unease feelings? Or should we just concentrate on
technical aspects and ignore that?

Mitar