Re: geeez...

Hi!

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 6:24 AM, Mike Perry <mikeperry@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But as soon as she scans her iris, the malware on her
> machine would wake up and inform its masters that it is ready to do
> their bidding.

This can be easily fixed just by using some Apple-app-store-like
system where only tested apps (with source code given to them to
check) would be available and with developers' identities also well
known. In combination with some trusted computing platform where CPU
would refuse to run any program not signed by such store. Of course
all this backed by law.

Of course, you would be only a consumer of your computer, but
everything for security. ;-)

Probably even easier is simply to make everybody responsible what
their computer is doing and they will take care themselves to install
trusted computing system into it.

Great read:

> Taking freedoms away seems like an easy
> quick fix, but in reality, there is no gain, only more insecurity.

I agree with that. For me one big argument is that it is a difference
of motivation and numbers between normal users and criminals. The
later will spend time, energy and money to get around security fences
we would made, and for sure find some holes (as there is nothing like
perfect security), while all others would just have their freedoms
diminished. For nothing.

Mitar